Monday, May 22, 2006

Which Floor?

Here are the two floors that we are looking at for the all areas of the house that will have HW flooring. There are both Maple and will be 5" wide planks. This will be an engineered HW floor in that it will have several layers with the wood in different grain directions so that it will be dimensionally stable, e.g. no gaps in the winter. We are also going for a distressed look which is more rustic in appearance and should hide any gouges and marks. Even though it is engineered and prefinished the floor has the same refinishing ability as a solid wood plank.

So which one do you like?

Number 1:













or

Number 2:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Number 1. But what color stain is your woodwork?

Anonymous said...

I can't remember my password. That's me above. Maureen

Anonymous said...

I like the first one too.....both color and style. Things are removing fast for you guys....can't wait to get out there and see it! Stretch

Anonymous said...

I agree, the first one looks a bit warmer. - Tara