Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Thought on Autumn

Many moons ago my Dad said to me that the way to tell the difference between a Democrat and a Republican was that a Republican would drink gin and tonic in the summer and manhattans in the winter, and a Democrat would drink beer in the summer and beer in the winter. This was probably not original, but I always give him credit for it, but it does create a conundrum in today’s day and age of wines and micro-brews.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that summer was over. I can now officially say it is as the Aspens are very yellow...

...and I drank the last Corona

…of this season.

Time has come to switch over to Fat Tire for the winter.

Not sure what that makes me…a consequentialist libertarian? Say that after a couple of beers.

Since a Guinness is good anytime I must be a GDI (There is a clue here).

No comments: