Monday, September 01, 2008

The End of Summer - 2008

Well its the end of another summer. They go by so fast...especially the older I get. Derek was again over this weekend to help on some projects that required a strong back, e.g. snow fencing and retaining wall.

Marlys and I talked about how he was home more often this summer then in the past three years. Not sure why, maybe it has to do with the realization that in a couple of years he will be really on his own.

Derek and I installed 750' of snow fencing around parts of Autumn Creek this weekend and we decided that when it is just he and I we can move pretty quick, probably because I am not necessarily as political in getting things done, e.g. Derek do this.

Marlys spent the weekend painting, the trim on the back of the house and the re-furbishing of the Autumn Creek sign.

The AC sign is going to be re-installed on the new entry gate arch that should go in this fall. So far it is looking real good.

Between the snow fencing I spent the time trying to sort out the shop. It seems that the more space, more stuff is either accumulated are pack ratted in that since you have the space you don't get rid of it.

The main object of the re-organization was the wood pile. I haven't re-sorted this in two years and in that time you really forget what you have available for projects.

My next project is to start the bedroom set. The plan is to begin with the headboard. I was planning on a "Molesworth" type design and figured that new wood would be needed.

After going through the wood pile it will be made out of beetle kill (blue stained) Ponderosa Pine that we milled from a tree harvested at Pinon Rock. After two years in very low humidity at 8600' AGL it should be good to go.

Until next time.

No comments: