Monday, June 22, 2009

The Haul of the Skiueen

The objective: Make two more ski-adirondack chairs.


The task: Acquire 4 more pair of alpine skis.


The outcome: 8 pairs of the skis, mixed alpine/nordic.


The project: What do we do with all of them!


On the face of it, it seemed pretty straight forward, build a couple of more chairs. Since we were out of skis or boards a hunting trip was proposed. I would look up ads on Craigslist and Marlys would make the visit and buy the skis (if they met our strict requirements, cheap).


Little did I know that when I sent her an ad for some skis in our area, that there was actually a neighborhood-wide garage sale in progress.


Well the rest is history. Marlys stopped and bought skis and skis and more skis, to the point that I had to drive the Audi with skis sticking into my side and with my right arm at shoulder height.


So what should we do with them all:


  • Make 4 more chairs (remember the original plan was for two)?

  • Use one of the old pair of wooden XC skis for an outdoor mount for the deer skull/antlers project?

  • Wait a minute the XC skis are narrower, so two pair per chair probably won't work...I need 5 skis per chair, and that will only leave us with 3 pair of alpine skis. 3 pair will only be enough for 1 1/2 chairs, so it looks like WE NEED MORE SKIS!

And I thought that by finishing the bathroom trash can, and the end table, this weekend I would be up to date on projects, but now it looks like an assembly line build of chairs is in the offing, thanks to the efforts of the Skiueen.


I wonder how Craigslist can be searched to eliminate ads that are part of a neighborhood garage sale event?

No comments: