Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Long's Peak Tomorrow

The forecast is looking good for a climb (this is a class 3) up Long's Peak tomorrow. I am going to head up to the trail head campground later this morning with an anticipated start at 1:30am tomorrow morning. We have a full moon tonight, and I have my $4.99 LED headlamp from Harbor Freight.

This is a 14 mile round trip with 5000' of altitude gain. I am not the fastest person, so we are figuring a 14-17 hour trip.

Phoenix (a old hang gliding buddy) and I will meet up at the trail head campground and crap out in our cars till the jump off time.

I am going to try and do both pics and videos this time as some of the features are pretty spectacular, e.g. Keyhole, Narrows, Ledge, Homestretch, etc.

Stay tuned.

Pat
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is not." - Heard or read somewhere else.

No comments: