Monday, December 27, 2010

Wooden Church Key, i.e. bottle opener

No its not a sap, its a bottle opener.

The original idea came from a blog post: http://blog.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/New+Contest+Build+A+Woodworkers+Bottle+Opener.aspx , but I kinda went in a different direction.

This is made from some scrap tiger maple laying around the shop. I took me a couple of hours to make.

There is a magnet in the top to grab the cap off the bottle when it comes off.

Notice that there is a finger recess in the top to direct the index finger when operating.

I used a couple of stainless steel screws, which have been inserted into a critical depth to assure ease of use.
It was a fun afternoon project. I gave this one to Derek, in his sock for Christmas, so at least one or two more will be needed for use around here.

No comments: