Sunday, April 08, 2012

Got our SARTECH II certifications

Marlys and I completed two days of testing for our SARTECH II certifications yesterday. This is one of the main certifications in the search and rescue. It is issued by the National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR).

Thursday was the 145 question written test, knots/harness test and 24 hour pack check.

Saturday was in the field for; land navigation, route search, area search, tracking and map orientation tests.

We both passed.

Afterwards a couple of very gracious folks in Colorado Springs from El Paso County Search and Rescue about gave us a 2-3 hour private rope/rappelling lesson. Thank you.

Note: I filled my camelbak up last Saturday with water and sugar free peach ice tea mix. Yesterday is tasted like it had a little kick to it. Must be enough sugar like stuff in it to start a fermenting process. Luckily I also had a fresh one liter bottle of sugar free ice tea.

By the time we got back home we were pretty beat. Marlys even slept til after 8am this morning. I of course still got up at 5am. Someday I too will learn how to sleep in.

No comments: