Sunday, July 15, 2012

Table and Chair

Its been a busy (with other things) and slow season (no time) in that I have only built one skiadirondack chair so far, but it is a sweet one.

This chair is a slightly different design in that Derek added some sweeping lines to my standard templates.

The idea was to make the chair reflect flowing/blowing snow, but still stay with the angles and dimensions of the chairs that sit so well.

Originally I was going to use white Army skis, which are white with no graphics, as you would expect. They are white, but not white-white so they did not match well with the chair white.

I switched to these 90's era head skis that have a carbon fiber fabric look. Also noticed that all of the screw holes have been plugged.

I have decided that the army skis will go on a frame that is painted in winter camo, e.g. white, grey and black. Stay tuned.
I also had a slab of beetle-kill Ponderosa in the rack that fit well for a "sofa table" that against a stair railing that would not overpower the space.

Besides the beetle-kill top and shelf, the legs are made from Fir and the stretchers are from curly Redwood, the last of the pallet load I bough when building the house.

It is one of my best tables.

We are off to Moondance Jam in Walker, MN  and then the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh next week.

No comments: