Sunday, March 25, 2007

The mirror, sauna, snow, tv bracket and Derek's plans

It has been a very busy weekend, but every weekend seems that way.

On Thursday night, I headed up to so I could get the trailer and take it to Pueblo for sale on Friday. The forecast was for thunderstorms-snow to move in so I wanted to get it loaded up and out of there before the roads got sloppy.

It took me a couple of hours to get it disconnected and hooked up to the truck. I was watching the clouds move in the whole time, so I didn't take the time to clean up the area once I was hooked up. I just hit the road.

The drive in was pretty nice and in fact this was the farthest the trailer had been towed since being bought in 1998 and hauled out to Pinon Rock. In 1998 when we towed it out we used our ½ ton Tahoe and although it was within the weight capacities it was not a relaxing 19 hour drive. But I have to say that when towing with the ¾ ton Ford it was a much better experience.

Once I had it dropped off I headed back to Parker. It looked pretty lonely sitting there.

The plan was to spend the weekend in town and clean up the yard and other things in prep for listing the house.

I got on a conference call for work on the drive back north and arrived about 2pm.

Marlys had spent the day at home so that the window repairman and carpet measurement people could swing by. She also raked and cleaned the yard.

By The time I got there, there was nothing left to do.

I checked the weather and saw that it was going to rain Friday night and Saturday. We decided to head back up to the property, as there were something's we could get done even in the forecasted rain and snow.

We accomplished a couple of thing this weekend.

We hung the mirror in the upstairs bathroom. It turned out pretty good. This has been a 2 month ordeal, in the ordering, the delivery of a broken mirror, the return and the resend.

I built a bracket and shelf to setup the TV in the office.

I tested the poly solution on the fireplace pieces and guess what...it worked. Oh, and if you read the label instructions it said to stir before using.

The fireplace pieces have not yet been mounted because they cupped because I had only finished one side...added moisture. So I finished the underside to try and recover.

I also replaced the high temp limit on the sauna which has been cause problems since the install. Marlys and I could only hold out 30 minutes in it now since we could get the temp all the way to 180 degrees, and that was after standing on the patio, in the snow, midway through to cool down for a while. Next time we will try a real Finlander temp of 195 degrees.

It’s hard to believe it is snowing again this weekend. Last Saturday we took a hike down to Pete and Dana's and most of the way I was shirt less (so those of you wondering what the big albino elk thing was, it was moi) to get a start on a tan for the trip in May to Cabo.

We then sat for ~3 hours on the patio and drank Margaritas. I had 3, which was the most I had ever had. Marlys had become very good at making them.

We also got a call from Derek who got a summer job in Gunnison, and will not be coming home when school ends on May 4.

Life changes so fast. I wonder if he will ever live at home again.

No comments: