Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Bears, so far today two encounters

Marlys and I are really having bear encounter this year. Today alone we ran into a bear sitting in a gambel oak eating up by Myron's place. When it spotted us it looked like a kid caught with their hand in a cookie jar.

It climbed down and moved over to the road, so we though it maybe smart to not keep walking towards it and turned around, cutting our walk short.

This was the biggest one I have seen so far this year. It was a cinnamon color and maybe a full size male (boar).

After we got home I opened the doors (front and rear) to the shop and after about an hour Hallee started barking out back. I went to see what was going on and another big black bear was sitting and eating acorns(?) off a gambel oaks behind the slash pile. It didn't look big until it moved and I got a profile view. It was another good size one.

It stopped once Dusty ran up and squared off about 20 feet from it, then it saw me. We looked at each other for a few, then it ran uphill. But not far because I saw the bushes on the other side of the patch moving and it was right there. After a while it moved up toward the house.

No comments: