Sunday, September 04, 2011

The quasi-Molesworth Chair - As good as it is going to get.


Well...after 3 prototypes this is, what it is. It looks good, but the next one I would make a squatter.

Shane at Timberline did a nice job on the cushions. I wish, I had had more experience before doing the apron and the arms.

I still may add fringe in place of the black banding on the arms as that is more in keeping with a Molesworth, but alas I ran out of materials.

Speaking of materials. the wood is the left over from a tree, I took down last year, except for the Aspen columns on the back that came from a local sawmill.

The Padauk strips on the back were needed to add width, but they turned out real nice.

The weave is an authentic Chimayo from New Mexico, just as with the original Molesworth's.

Marlys did the engraving and painting of the buffalo head and arrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: