Thursday, March 04, 2010

Gate Leg Table is ready to be installed.

We purchased our truck camper (Okanagan 117DBL) last October it has been sitting in the driveway waiting for its shakedown cruise, which since I retired on Monday will be coming up soon. Even though we haven't been using it, we have been thinking about it.

The need for a table to use while sitting on the sofa was one of the main objects that either needed to be purchased or built.

Being especially lazy, I went to eBay and was out bid for a new cherry folding table coming out of a Class A being retrofitted for wheelchair access.

So it looked like I would end up building it myself. I started a exhaustive (you bet) search and fold a plan on Popular Mechanics site for a Gate Leg Table.

After measuring the space that was available and knowing that I wanted it to be secured to the wall behind the buffet and at the end of the sofa with the slide in or out I adapted the plan. It is built out of Home Depot oak and finished to match the interior. It will go right under the window at the right rear of the camper.








It is pretty skinny so that the slide can close in front of it.












The gate leg will swing out to stabilize it, when in use.



We will be leaving for a month on the road starting later this month.







No comments: