Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Mystery of the Blue Bottle Solved...I Think.

Amanda and John left a mysterious comment on last week's "The First Day" post about the appropriate gift to bring to Leland at the Hermitage as "wine in a blue bottle".

Other then knowing of Leland, via a friend we have in common, we have never met, nor have I met Amanda or John, but all three are building/living in the San Luis Valley or south central Colorado.

So I was stumped what wine comes in a blue bottle...Blue Nun?

Leland has a blog/website call "The Hermitage" where he has covered the building of his off-grid home. If you haven't read it you should.

Anyway Amanda and John are acquaintances of Leland's and when I threatened to drop in on him last week the "Blue Bottle" mystery arose.

I have asked a number of people around here for help...as I am a beer drinker and I know of only two types of wine; red and white, or maybe its bottled or boxed, anyway I had no idea.

So I went to our common friend PP, who just like Amanda and John said any wine in a blue bottle.

I asked for an explanation.

Leland is building a blue glass bottle wall at the Hermitage and needs all of the building materials he can get.

So there you have it mystery solved.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luna di Luna comes in a blue bottle.

I am a wine person. All I can say is beware of wine in blue bottles!

:)

The Hermit said...

I should check your blog more often!

Thanks for the nice wine, and thanks for coming by... it was a pleasure meeting you in person... you are both delightful, and welcome back here any time....

And next time, Dusty will have a companion!